Here Comes the Snow (again)
We've had several snowstorms already this year here in Maryland and much of the east coast. Tonight and tomorrow we're supposed to get another 5-12 inches. Plus it's 18 degrees out, and was 12 when I got up this morning. I stocked up with supplies at the supermarket last night, and have several great books ready, as well as work to do on my upcoming book, "Table Tennis Tips." Bring it on!!!
Quips and Quotes
My favorite quips while playing:
- "Just because the point is over doesn't mean the point is over." (Said when my student hits a ball off the end, but I play it off the floor and the rally continues.)
- "Here comes a pop-up. You're going to flub it. Prove me wrong." (Usually said near the end of a multiball session with a beginning student.)
- "I'm too good to miss that shot." (Said by me roughly whenever I miss a shot.)
- "I haven't missed that shot since 1987." (Also said by me roughly whenever I miss a shot.)
- "Ten years ago I would have got that."
- "There's a probability greater than zero that I won't lose another point this match."
- "There's something you don't know. I'm really left-handed."
- "I cannot be defeated."
- "Time to pull out the unreturnable serves."
- "Coaches from all over the world come here to study my [whatever shot I happen to be doing]." (I usually say this when blocking forehands, and often tell stories about how the top Chinese coaches journey to American to study my forehand block.)
- "Balls in boxes!" (Told to students at the end of playing sessions, with balls scattered all over.)
- "The most powerful loop in the world." (With a Dirty Harry accent).
Inspiring table tennis quotes from: